2020 Dog Days of Summer Photo Contest Key Info (aka Rules – Short Version):
- Contest Period: August 5 – 19. Entries accepted: August 5 - 11. Voting: August 12 – 19 @ 6 pm PDT. Winner announced: August 19 after 6 pm PDT.
- Number entries allowed per person: up to 2. Photos must be in its original state (not altered), no larger than 5 Mb, jpeg, 1920×1080 px max width/height (350 px minimum width). By uploading photos, you agree to official contest rules.
- Prizes: 1st Place – Royal Canin bag of food. If >50 photos submitted, 2nd and 3rd Place will receive Royal Canin branded item
- VOTING: once every 24 hours
By entering this contest, You, the Contestant, agree that you have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules found below.
Official Rules & Prizes (Long version)
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: DogZibit Photo Contests are open to amateur photographers who are 9 years or older; professional photographers should not participate. The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of DogZibit as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online on the starting and ending dates indicated in the contest-specific information above. All online entries must be received by the end date.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on www.DogZibit.com. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of DogZibit. The number of entries allowed per person is specified for each contest. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of DogZibit.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive the prize specified in the contest-specific information above. The specifics of the prize(s) shall be solely determined by DogZibit. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at DogZibit’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, may be the sole responsibility of Winner. Continental United States shipping only. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for DogZibit to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected either by Popular Vote or Jury (contest-specific) under the supervision of DogZibit. Winner will be notified by email within 3 days following selection of Winner. DogZibit shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (at DogZibit sole discretion) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering any content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that DogZibit, anyone acting on behalf of DogZibit, and DogZibit licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes, without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship (with no modifications), and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of DogZibit If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless DogZibit from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which DogZibit may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: DogZibit reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond DogZibit control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, DogZibit may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by DogZibit. DogZibit reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. DogZibit has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, DogZibit reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless DogZibit and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the State of Washington WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Washington having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is in the contest-specific information provided.